ON A DAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU!
Helping Hands Day began as a way to show you how your “hands-on” volunteer work can make a difference in just one day. Volunteers complete submitted projects that range from various cleaning and yard work for senior citizens and people with disabilities, to repairing a fence and installing cabinets for local non-profit groups. Volunteer projects take anywhere from one to eight hours to accomplish.
For more information call 362-5003 or email@example.com.
Project List (updated as projects are received)
1. Appoint a team leader - don't worry United Way staff is here to help!
2. Recruit members to your team and choose a day that works for you!
3. Choose your project from the list (have a backup just in case) and reach out to Shelley at United Way to Register Your Team.
4. Team leader and buddy do a site visit to get a good understanding of the project and put together a list of needed supplies.
5. United Way can purchase supplies. Fill out a Supply Request Form. Once approved, we can pick them up or reimburse you.
6. Have all team volunteers sign the Consent and Permission Form.
7. Complete your project!
Organizations: project requests are accepted from United Way Community partners.
Individuals: project requests from senior citizens and people with disabilities are accepted. An agency referral may be required.
Applications for tree removal services will not be accepted. All requests are subject to review. Once approved, there are no guarantees that a project will be selected by a volunteer team. If selected, United Way staff will reach out to coordinate with the organization or individual with information about the volunteer team.
Home addresses are not listed on the Project List.
THANK YOU 2022 EVENT SPONSORS