Qualifying emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies are urged to apply for federal funds awarded to United Way of Southwest Wyoming through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
This funding includes Phase 37, which is allocated from the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board for the 2019 fiscal year funding. In addition, supplemental funds under the Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act were also awarded.
A local board made up of representatives from local government, United Way, Salvation Army as well as advocates for the homeless, faith-based organizations and community partners will determine how the funds will be distributed.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
Be a private voluntary nonprofit or unit of government
Have a voluntary board established and be eligible to receive federal funds
Have an accounting system
Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and /or shelter programs
Submit required reports
Grant funds must be used to supplement food and shelter services and may not be used as seed money for new programs. Agencies may receive funds to provide food, shelter and supportive services including but not limited to:
· Food services, such as congregate meals or groceries
· Lodging in mass shelter, or hotel/motel limited to 30 days per individual/household
· One month rent or mortgage assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure
· Utility assistance for one month of service for gas, electric and water service
· Supplies, including but not limited to cleaning supplies, and small equipment essential to feed or shelter people, not exceeding $300 per item
Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds may contact Shelley Richno at 307-362-5003 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application and additional information is available online at swunitedway.org/efsp. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on May 21, 2020.