Marketing & Campaign Assistant
The employee will support the United Way of Southwest Wyoming mission "Uniting People, Sharing Resources, Improving Lives in Southwest Wyoming.
The employee will demonstrate the ability to manage time, maintain a safe and clean environment, practice confidentiality, treat all persons with respect and professinal courtesy, accept change, accept and provide constructive feedback and work as a team player. The employee must also demonstrate the competencies for their position and adhere to policies and procedures of United Way of Southwest Wyoming.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The employee will work as an integral part of a fast-paced marketing department. Working closely with the Executive Director on creative services, special events, website, social media and fundraising, the employee will assist in the development of a variety of marketing programs that specifically address the needs of United Way supporters, constituents and partners. The employee will also conduct transparent, secure and cost-effective capture of pledge/gift/special event information from major donors/investors, grants, and other resource development programs in a manner that enhances relationships with customers and partners as well as maintains the confidentiality of donor/investor information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design and creation of UWSW branded materials using Adobe Creative Suite
· Creation and management of the content and strategy of all social posts, campaigns, e-newsletters
· Work with the Executive Director to launch strategic marketing initiatives, specifically for targeted industries and events
· Cultivate and manage collaborative internal/external relationships that build trust by anticipating needs, communicating clearly and maintaining consistent presence
· Strategically enhance current relationships with individual supporters and community partners
· Manage consumer marketing initiatives to continually evolve brand value, deliver customer-centric experience and ensure consistent messaging
· Input of donor/volunteer data to include tracking of donors and updating donor information
· Provide data support as needed for fundraising efforts including major gifts and awards/recognition strategies
· Produce timely reports during the annual campaign to track progress toward goal overall
· Generate thank-you letters to individual donors and constituents
· Assist as needed with the annual campaign
· Organize and execute events, or assist as needed including arrangements and recruitment of support (volunteers, agency staff). Events include but are not limited to, Helping Hands Day, Celebration Event, Golf Tournament, Goat-A-Gram
· Be a visible representative of United Way among donors, partner agencies/programs and the general public
· Maintain on-going information sharing with all departments and may serve on cross-functional or cross-departmental teams as appropriate
· General office duties including answering phones, scanning, faxing, greeting public, receiving mail, filing
· Ensure that office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
· Create bank deposits manually and electronically, with documentation properly stored
· Coordinate with accounting service as needed for accounts payable, payroll, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· A bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications preferred, or comparable professional experience
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Ability to perform with minimal supervision
· General knowledge of marketing and fund development techniques
· Experience with design for print and electronic media, Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required
· Ability to work with diverse constituency
· Knowledge of community or demonstrated ability to gain such knowledge
· Ability to bring an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit to business opportunities and challenges
· Success in exercising a high degree of flexibility, judgment, discretion, and decision making
· Independent, self-starter
· Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle (with valid insurance coverage) for agency business
Employee must be able to read and interpret documents, perform highly detailed work and mathematical functions; withstand stress and handle multiple, concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment: Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, climb and lift 50 lbs.; ability to tolerate exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards; ability to travel to different sites and locations and with irregular work hours.